Saturday, September 21, 2013

Ericia's 19th birthday picnic party!

So Ericia had this absolutely sane idea to have a picnic in a 32°-kind of weather, but Xx and I couldn't decline because we were gonna celebrate her birthday in advance after all. Since morning I had been spazzing about how excited I was for the picnic because I haven't had one in ages (I even made props and brought utensils for photography purposes) but the birthday girl wasn't feeling the same way; She was more excited about the newly released iPhone 5S... 



 
  




 



Other than the weather, I very much enjoyed our mini photoshoot and the long-awaited catching up meant for months and months ago :-*


49 Seats

After which we dropped by 49 Seats for dinner as planned. 49 seats really has 49 seats btw. #funfact

Fried Chicken Wings

Tom Yam Pasta

I didn't have the Tom Yam Pasta (obviously, because of my terrible tolerance for spicy food), so I'm not quite sure if it has lived up to its standard. It's supposed to be the restaurant's signature dish, but Ericia wasn't too happy about it. She prefers the one at PastaMania.


Blackcurrant Fizz / Pan Fried Fish with Al Scampi

The Blackcurrant Fizz was a house special and it isn't on the menu. Fizz is just fizz I mean how good could a fizz get, but this fizz was..... g o o d. The owner of the restaurant taught us how to mix the drink in the quickest way which was to blow bubbles in it and it was the coolest shit I've seen because it was like an ombré effect in action.

What I really liked about the Al Scampi sauce was the generous portion of seafood. Despite Xx and I sharing this, we still had 2 prawns/mussels each. I could drink the sauce as soup, mmmmm.

49 Seats
49 Kreta Ayer Road
Singapore 089007
+65 62254332

No comments:

Post a Comment