Monday, March 30, 2015

Greece; Athens & Santorini

How was my trip? It was grim, unlike the stories these pictures depict. Don't get me wrong; I enjoyed my trip very much. You see, in Greece, when we strayed away from the tourist attractions and walked through the streets of the city, I realised that things aren't quite as what the typical postcards have portrayed. People think of the artistic ruins on vast fields of green when they think of Athens, instead of the far-too-many homeless individuals sleeping on the floor and the locals who are afraid of being robbed in their very own home country. People think of white walls, blue doors and picture-perfect sunsets when they think of Santorini, but not of the cordial restaurant owners and staff, some of which who don't have a home and only reside in Santorini in the peak seasons to scrape through life. This is Greece. This is Greece as it is.


[Sigma 17-50mm F2.8]

No comments:

Post a Comment