Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fallen February.

What an ominous start to my February.

For starters, I got out of bed later than usual and before I knew it, I was running for my life to catch the next bus 48 and unfortunately had my leg sandwiched between the bus doors. The pain could have killed me at that point of time and I was moaning in agony, but it took the bus driver more than instantly to actually realize my cries for help when the crowd yelled at him on my behalf to let the doors open. It took a while for the doors to set my leg free 'cause it was stuck in an awkwardly weird position. The entire bus of passengers had their eyes glued on me. My cheeks were burning from all the attention. Worst bus experience ever, period.

Entered class on the verge of tearing 'cause I was so, so, so petrified that I would not have made it in time for the group presentation due of the delay. What more, the teacher was highly likely to have doubted my explanation. I mean, what could I have told her? "My leg got stuck between the bus doors that's why I'm late"? I mean, I wouldn't have even believed myself if I were her. I tried my luck, but she stood half-unconvinced. 

But, life is fair. You gain something for everything you lose. The sky looked phenomenally beautiful today, with its clouds portrayed so abstractly in place and its hue blended so well. That was pretty much enough to make up for all that morning madness.

:-)



You take our homes but your framework doesn't hold, against the feet of us giants.

No comments:

Post a Comment