Saturday, November 10, 2012

Anchor

You were the anchor that weighed me down from exploring new seas,
but you were the anchor that kept me from drifting away in the furious tsunami.

---

"Because life is not a straight line."

I had a story to tell - a faux one - but I expressed my truest, deepest feelings, and my mind pictured you sitting in a corner at the back of the classroom, looking at me. In actual fact, you and I were miles away, but in that instantaneous moment, you transported your way to me. I told them about death; something that often appeared in our past conversations. I told them you inspired me to live on, in a way. I told them you taught me how to embrace the ups and downs in life, because life is not a straight line.

Today, I think I might have, could have, possibly have needed you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment