Tuesday, June 11, 2013

ดินแดนแห่งรอยยิ้ม

I miss Bangkok already :-(

Day 1 (Platinum Mall):



The bathroom has a tinted glass panel that can be un-tinted, so everything that goes on in the bathroom can be seen from the bed.... I MEAN LIKE WOAH?! All of us were literally awed by this technological advancement thingy.


So the moment we checked in, P and I spent the rest of the day at Platinum Mall alone and I'm in love with the new swim wear I scouted for ^.^

Day 2 (Siam Square, MBK):


Hotel breakfast (Y)


Queued up for the famous Mango Tango at Siam Square that Nicole introduced to me. (It's actually not that great la. I preferred the mango sticky rice from the Plantinum Mall food court more)


Loots from Siam Square. 

MBK was just a waste of my time. Period.


Celebrated V's birthday at night after a long, long day. She dozed off before finishing her cake. Haha :-)

Day 3 (Pratunam Market, Chatuchak, Union Mall):


Managed to catch the sunrise before we explored the Pratunam morning market!! Don't go to the Pratunam morning market if you're not prepared to be chucked and shoved around by everyone around you. I got knocked down like a million times by passing trollies and men who carried boulders of clothes around. The clothes there were dirt cheap but I couldn't stand more than half an hour in that place because of the entire chaotic atmosphere.


Chatuchak is my p a r a d i s e. It's like a world of leathers, denims and all things vintage. The only thing's that it's so easy to lose your way because there aren't any distinct lanes so you'll probably come across the same lane multiple times without even realising. Favourite place out of the rest in this entire trip!


Our last stop was Union Mall and honestly I was pretty disappointed because I couldn't find anything to my taste there + it wasn't that cheap after all. The nicer items were probably the same price as Bugis prices, else higher. So that's a no-go for me :-/ 

Day 4 (Wat Suthat):


Decided to visit the Wat Suthat temple with Daddy in the morning. For the Buddhists out there, it'd be an inspiring place to visit. Think majestic halls, rustic chambers and intricate sculptures.


Dropped by Siam Square again with the sis to grab some last-minute souvenirs and found this mojito-flavoured macaron. Bangkok has the most innovative confectionery ever.

That ^ above was my last meal before we left for Singapore. I miss Bangkok already! :-(
I think I said that at the start of the post too.. That's how much I miss the land of smiles.

1 comment: