Thursday, May 8, 2014

If I let it go

Last night I received a declination letter from SMU. I haven't told my mom. I haven't told anyone; anyone who has had high hopes for me, anyone who has told me to stay. What am I supposed to say? That I'm okay? Well truth is, I am. I'm much more than okay. That's what I'm more afraid of to say, I think. I'm afraid to tell anyone that I have, in fact, already made a choice in my heart. And this choice comes with a heavy price (not just metaphorically sigh).

But life in general has been very kind to me. My days have been easy. I spend hours watching drama and doing absolutely nothing, which I've never had spare time for. Fel, Junpeng and I watched Asking Alexandria live at Scape two weeks ago and the mosh pit left me breathless. I unintentionally organised a mini family gathering with my relatives over a simple thought of having lunch with my gramps, which turned out less messy and complicated than I thought. Also, I had an overpriced dinner at Eggs & Berries with Bert the other night before we drove to the west together with Hajar to surprise Stella at her hall where we played Bridge when she should have been studying. And last night I was at Alley Bar with a few of the Phoenix girls for some drinks (Serena's laughter is so amusing/embarrassing). Life has been kind.

I've been so disinterested in taking pictures these days, please forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment