Friday, July 18, 2014

Tough luck

Sooooooo... I just received my offer of accommodation last night.

I mean it's great that:

1) Even the smallest rooms in Ashburne Hall are bigger than the average room sizes in any other hall.
2) The shared bathrooms are amazingly huge and there is a laundrette.
3) It has a very English-styled mini library which qualifies for future Instagram posts (hah).

BUUUUT...

1) It is catered and Mondays are meat-free Mondays. Not that I have a problem with veg but no meat?! Also, catered means I don't get to domestify myself.
2) It is a 30-minutes walk away from main campus. I either walk to death or spend on transport.
3) Situated in the legendary social scene, a quiet Friday night will never exist again for me (or at least it can but with a price of being seen as unfriendly).
4) It is all girls at undergraduate level. I did not know that before I picked that as an option, and that sucks because I do need my fair share of male company as well as much as people don't like to admit that they do.
5) Generally everyone who has been allocated to Ashburne doesn't want to be in it because of the all-girls issue...
6) Appeal success rate barely reaches 5%, with the risk of losing your guaranteed spot.
7) Switching to private halls is out of the question because it is overpriced and entirely devoid of social life.

no animated GIF

I have the worst luck when it comes to such important factors of my life. WHY???

No comments:

Post a Comment