Thursday, August 28, 2014

When I wake up, I'm afraid somebody else might take my place

Just an hour ago I thought I'd sleep with a smile for tonight. I had just ended a day with two very pleasant meet ups with two very pleasant people.


Seven years down the road and I've finally met Bene in person after conversing with each other through social media and meeting each other for the first time in the most embarrassing manner (maplesea). I thought it'd be awkward as hell but our conversations flowed so naturally. It's so nice and rare to not have awkward first meetings. I guess I'll be seeing more of him when I'm back next summer.

In the evening, Lummy finally took me out for dinner at Tony Roma's even though he was on a quarantine. He owed me one 'cause we made a bet on his 'A' level results and I won (he scored so much better than he thought he would). Sometimes, it's worthwhile to have faith in people ;-) As usual he would attempt to snap unglam shots of me while I'm caught off guard, and he always succeeds... He brings out the secondary school kid in me that I used to be, and I guess that's why he's the person I go to when I feel like I've lost myself. So glad you stood by me through all the good and ugly, Lummy :')

But now... now...

These negatives vibes are all kicking in. I've lost confidence in where I stand (exactly where do I stand?). Do I still have a place? That surely makes me sad, but even more so afraid - afraid that I might be quick to assume and afraid that I am selfish that way. I hope Nic's right, that this will be temporary. 'Cause I don't think I have much time left.

No comments:

Post a Comment