Tuesday, May 15, 2012

World up only got Mother good

Last Sunday was Mother's Day. Did y'all do anything for your Mom? 'Cause I did :)


Mother's Day dinner at The Cartel Bistro with the fam. The virgin mojito was mm mmm gooood.

After dinner, I used a little help from Dad and my lil' sister to distract Mom and to buy me some time while I "rushed back to work on a project" which was actually sneaking off to buy her a Mother's Day cake from Awfully Chocolate.

She turned in early that night so we had to wake her up from her sleep when we surprised her with the cake at midnight. 





I would pay for thousands of cakes just to see her smile this wide again :')

But that wasn't just the end of it yet. Pris, Vanessa and I planned for her to be in for more. Strategized to stay up through the night so that we'd be able to get up before Mom does and make her breakfast, but needless to say, I was the eventual sole survival. Tried occupying myself with preparing the presents and cards to pull me through the arduous night but I made a wrong move, which was to utilize the super glue. The wretched sticky liquid was caught between my fingers and Mom happened to witness me struggling to free myself from the mess, so she had to save me, which meant that she received the privilege of having a sneak peak of what her present was already. Sighhhh, ultimate fail is me.





But anyway, thankfully she went back to bed again soon after, so our Surprise Plan B hadn't been ruined yet.

By 6am, it took me awhile to get the sisters to move their asses off their beds before we started working on Surprise Plan B in the kitchen.








So, we made a royal breakfast for her which was semi-unsuccessful. Our apparent "sauteed" shiitake mushrooms tasted weirdly bitter and our bacon strips turned out pathetically small. But oh well, at least our scrambled eggs and bruschettas were up to standard.

Just wanna say, I love my mom till the end of the universe and back. Mwah :*

No comments:

Post a Comment