Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Someone Like You.


You've stuck by my side during my darkest periods and you've never failed to wipe off the frown off my face, so this time, it's my turn. I'd walk down hundreds of blocks of houses in the middle of the night and panic over lurking lunatics or perverts, just to see you smile. You could just be the longest friend I've ever had, and I don't know what my life would be like if I hadn't met you.

"Sigh... You know. It's not about the fake roses with no smell or the cheapskate birthday card that matters. It's your heart that matters most. It's like, we're so far apart, yet I feel you so close to my heart. It's like, you're not the closest one that has been with me, yet you make me feel like you're the closest one I've ever had. Everytime, I think you're just another one of those in and out person, but you always do stuff like this that keeps me close."

This could just be the best form of reciprocation I've ever received ; Your smile, your appreciation, and your assurance to me that I actually matter.

In another life, I would be your girl. Your baby little sister girl.

Happy 18th birthday, Gab. Thank you for everything, x

No comments:

Post a Comment