Thursday, January 26, 2012

You wanted yourself to be loved, and you feel like you were a mistake.

"How are you?"

Are you kidding me? You're asking me how I am? If it wouldn't have been obvious, I'd have sneered in disbelief. I can't believe you're asking me how I am. You saw me, and you waved. You waved. You didn't intend to walk over, until I gestured for you to come over. I'd rather you tap me on the head, do a bro fist bump, or just... feel comfortable talking to me. "How are you"s are saved for the awkward acquaintances, not for the supposedly close friends, not for us. How long have we known each other for? I always thought that the bond we shared was worth a little more than this. Remember how I said I'd hold on to this friendship like it was a life buoy? I'd still love to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment