Saturday, August 24, 2013

Au Chocolat

I can't express how physically and mentally relieved I felt when my last paper ended yesterday. Like, I can finally continue my life as a civilian instead of a walking zombie. Returned home for a short nap first before reuniting with Trisha, Edmund, Nic and Bryan for a gourmet session at MBS!

Au Chocolat
After you exit the MRT station, walk to Ferragamo, turn right, then walk all the way straight. And when I say "all the way", I meant all the freakin' way. This was exactly as instructed by the concierge, LOL.



Ultimate Benedict

I've gotta admit how disappointed I am in this dish because I had expected it to be legendary since even ladyironchef recommended it, but it was only average. The only plus point for me would be the abundance of spinach and bacon strips. Other than that, the taste gets sickening after awhile, especially when the pancake soaks up the gravy and becomes too soggy.


Trisha's Meat Lover Burger

Trisha was contemplating between this and the Au Chocolat Signature Burger but of course the carnivore in her was biased towards this meaty chunk. Again, the bacon was overloaded.


Truffle Fries

I personally have a self-diagnosed allergy against the smell of truffle but other than having to hold my breath before taking a bite of these potato sticks, t'was still good. The portion was pretty generous, considering that Trisha and Nic kept on nomming on them yet it seemed like a bottomless pit. Definitely serves more than two pax.


Nic's Shellfish Fiesta

Nic's only complain would be that they didn't take the clams out of their shells (critique invalid HAHAH), and it actually is more filling than it seems to be.


Edmund's Roast Chicken, Bryan's Duck Confit

Bryan feels that this beats Saveur's duck confit, but I beg to differ. If I'd to make a comparison between the two, I would say that Au Chocolat's has more of the sides (mashed potato, baby carrots, spinach and poached pears) but the duck meat itself is not as moist as Saveur's.



Caramel Apple Skillet

Entirely devoured within the first few minutes, 'nuff said. This deserves a best-dessert-of-my-life award.




My beautiful models :-)





Great food, better company.
Anticipating the food trails we'd be embarking on this hols, woohooz.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment