Tuesday, August 27, 2013

NamNam Noodle Bar / Tiong Bahru Bakery / Ssikkek BBQ

Yesterday, Trisha came to visit me and Edmund at work and since we were nearby Raffles City, we decided to give these two places a try:


NamNam Noodle Bar
Lunch Set: Beef Pho, Southern Rolls, Iced Lotus Tea

First to be served were the Southern Rolls. The skin was tough and doughy but other than that, this Vietnamese popiah was a delightful dish, especially when consumed with the dip that comes with it. For the beef pho, the mild spiciness of the fresh chilli and sourness of the lime blended really well to form a concoction of perfection and the portion of beef was really generous. I would have to say though, that the iced lotus tea was a spoiler. If I had to describe how it tasted, I wouldn't be able to because it was tasteless.


Tiong Bahru Bakery
Apple Crumble, Marron Cassis Millefeuille, Banana Chocolate Crumble

In personal opinion, the portions are generally huge and meant for sharing unless you are a dessert vacuum machine. Else, it'd be filling enough to be shared between two. Y'know how some apple crumble pies are too sweet some times? TBB's Apple Crumble pie was just right. Not too sweet yet not bland either. Same goes for the Banana Chocolate Crumble. Didn't quite fancy the Marron Cassis Mille-feuille though, because the cassis was too sour for my liking.

The next day, we met again for dinner as part of our Gourmet Tuesday plan!



Sikkek Traditional Korean Bbq Restaurant

Ginseng chicken soup was extremely unacceptable. I mean, you can't call it ginseng chicken soup if you can't taste the ginseng or the chicken. Ended up having to finish the Ddeokbokki all by myself 'cause nobody wanted it, and the glass noodle too (except I didn't offer it to anyone anyway 'cause it was so addictive). Nic was hooked onto the prata-like 'pancake' and she grew annoyed when I hid her garlic underneath the meat. The only meat I liked were the pork bellies and the garlic chicken. Overall, I'm not so much of a bbq fan so I didn't really enjoy this meal. But go for it if you are a meat enthusiast!

No comments:

Post a Comment