Thursday, August 29, 2013

Shut Up & Listen!

        

Last night was our second concert under Live!Empire. Barely knew much about the bands performing for Shut Up & Listen! so it took me a month to download and insert the relevant songs into my mp3 to accustom myself to the lyrics. Also, Trisha won us Anberlin meet-and-greet passes through a competition! 



Tonight Alive


Matt Best (drummer) who kick-started the show with a sick drum intro.


Jenna McDougall (lead vocalist) being as amazing as she is.


Whakaio Taahi (lead guitarist)

He has the most adorable moves on stage -- the way he bobbles his head while hopping all over the place like a little boy and occasionally smiling at the crowd + his Hitler moustache makes him the cutest thing on Earth.

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

I was joking with Trisha that I'd wear a red jumpsuit to the concert just for the sake of TRJA, but I couldn't find one in time and I wouldn't have worn it even if I did anyway.

        

Ronnie Winter (lead vocalist)

For a 30 y/o, this man has the swag and his voice is a melody that I'd put on replay. The amount of feels he managed to stir up in me when he sang Your Guardian Angel was just......... too much to handle.


^ This was how I felt when they played Your Guardian Angel. So dreamy, so ephemeral. 


        

Josh Burke (lead guitarist)

19 y/o, from New York, ripped and plays the guitar. Ladies, have your ovaries exploded yet?


Randy Winter (rhythm guitarist)
P.s. he has Ronnie's vibes


This was TRJA's playlist set (all hail the classics). It was thrown off the stage and it landed on me and everyone around me was eyeing to snatch it but I was like "IT'S JUST PAPER GUYS IT'S JUST PAPER". I mean like, I didn't even try to catch it, it just flew across the stage and towards my chest and bam, I caught TRJA's friggin' playlist set. Achievement unlocked? Heh.

Anberlin


Joseph Milligan (lead guitarist)


Stephen Christian (lead vocalist)




Deon Rexroat (bass guitarist)

I don't know why but throughout the whole performance, my eyes were fixed on him. He kept smiling towards my direction (not implying that he smiled at me) but he was just so charming and he kinda looks like Josh Ramsay except he's a better looking version. I like his Born & Bred shirt too ^.~



Also we made new friends at the concert (excluding the photobomber at the back hahah)! Laura and Claire were infront of us in the queue before we entered and they were really affable when we exchanged conversations about the concert merchandise.

Before the M&G session with Anberlin, Trisha and I literally couldn't stop fidgeting 'cause 1) I don't know what I should do when I'm inside should I shake their hands hug them or rape them 2) I'm afraid I'll mix their names up 'cause I only learnt their names a few hours before the concert 3) I was too eager to meet Deon even though I only realised about his existence today 


I took a selfie with the one and only Deon Rexroat, guys!!!!!!!


It was funny how Joseph was kinda neglected during the M&G 'cause he's the least popular member BAHAHAHA sorry Joseph but I love Deon more. Nathan Young (drummer) was really cute too, it's a pity I didn't manage to take a picture of him during the concert because he was hidden in the shadows of the backdrop. But anyway, here's a shoutout to my beebee: Thanks for winning the Anberlin M&G passes and letting me have the honour of attending it with you. :-*


Took the last train home and here's one of the craziest night I've had in ages. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment