Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Life in fragments / FOB concert


i. 'Pretty in Punk' as a Fall Out Boy tribute
ii. Virgin shot of Jägermeister before a meal at Werner's Oven with the fam. Had beef brisket after and it was kickass, just sayin'.


iii. Turkish eggs with smoked salmon and toast for brunch at the highly-raved Penny University

There was a night when I mentioned about the cafe while P and I were on the bed waiting to fall asleep, and I mispronounced the cafe name as "Penny's Cafe". That sick little child was giggling to herself and it took me a minute to realise why.


iv. Merely Ice Cream after graphic comm submission. (P.s. I am so contented with our finale pieces, love you guys)



v. Jinzhuang's birthday celebration at Mong Kok Char Chan Teng with them 2E homies

These days I've been running around, to places I've never frequented before; especially so to Kallang and Raffles City. In the past half-month, I've met up with this bunch for at least 5 times and it feels as though we're back to the notorious 14-year-olds again. Sometimes it's unfathomable how I'm able to bypass all the childish acts we do, like playing card/computer games all evening and calling each other lame names. In retrospect, I feel unashamed of being stupid and retarded even in public, for we're all in this together again.







vi. (as you can see in the sudden enlargement of pictures,) the Fall Out Boy concert was the highlight of the week.

Trishabee and I literally ran for our lives in our formal suits straight after our last presentation in school and managed to sneak through to the front of the queue by the time we reached Fort Canning Park, teehee.

EMPRA was the starting band and they're more than the average or at least more than the starting bands of all the other concerts I've attended. The few first songs were a little draggy but I particularly liked 'Only Love'.

It took like more than 10 replays of the screen advertisement after EMPRA's performance before Fall Out Boy finally made their appearance. All I could remember was the tall Q-moh guy pissing off everyone behind him because his hair was falling all over the place and blocking the view, and us losing our mind when Pete Wentz crowd-surfed and when Andy Hurley stood up with his smokin' hot tattooed body. Also, Patrick Stump's voice was stunning and Joe Trohman was so cute with his afro bouncing up and down throughout. Swear I felt like a piece of Heaven was presented right in front of my very eyes :')

Took me an hour after they played their encore pieces to accept the fact that that was the end of it all. Sigh, all we could do was find ourselves the nearest convenience store for a drink, sit by the fountain and accept reality (while airing our sore feet).

I recorded some videos too for memory's sake (because Patrick's vocals are legendary). Pardon the short clips 'cause my phone ran out of friggin' memory after the last video despite me deleting two apps out of desperation.

Alone Together

I Don't Care 

My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light 'Em Up) 

 And yes, if you hear screaming at the back, that would be none other than Trisha.

Till my life gets any more interesting,
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment