Thursday, August 22, 2013

What's so good about picking up the pieces?

Sometimes I look at someone and think to myself, "She's broken inside and I want to pick her up."
So I try. I try to be a little nicer, to be a little more observant and sensitive, to be a little more emotionally-attached to this being than I should probably be.

But, surprise; The tables are turned on me.

"Don't try to fix a broken person, you may hurt yourself from her shattered pieces."
Guess I should have heeded this advice huh?

----------------

This week has been nothing short of heartbreaking. There are times when it gets overwhelming for me to know that people just brush me aside like how they flick wandering ants off the table. Then it gets worse when people tell me point-blank in the face that I'm imperfect, not in the perfectly okay way, but the you-are-fat-so-you-should-stop-eating way. I don't like confessing that negative comments turn my entire world upside down, but truth is, it does. Sometimes for a minute, sometimes for a day, but sometimes, I immediately cancel all my plans and coop myself at home, stare at myself in the mirror and cry because.... idk I'm just the ugliest fuck in the world so no one deserves to have their eyes blinded by me.

Times like these I'm just grateful for people like Nic and Bryan who make me feel like I'm at least a 50%.

No comments:

Post a Comment