Monday, October 3, 2011

17th Birthday

Just a tad before midnight, Mom walked out of her room into the kitchen and nagged at me to sleep, followed by Dad who trailed behind sneakily, like I couldn't smell something fishy. Greeted with a tap on my shoulder at midnight, I turned around to face a peach jelly in a petite, yellow bowl with a lit candle.


This is my parents for you. Act act forget only. So cute right? :)

Did I mention that my mom whipped up a really sumptuous meal the night before? She attempted to fry Yasai Kakiage and Satsumo Imo Tempura. I'm not sure if it's the correct spelling (actually I ought to be slapped if I have misspelled them, considering I've worked in Sushi Tei for months), but it's actually tempura assorted veggie and tempura sweet potato.

Woke up at 10am and continued my endless search for my lost cammie in a semi-awake mode. Flipped textbooks and rummaged through my junk before I finally found it in a plastic weaved basket on my table. Thank god.

Obediently stayed home to collect a registered parcel from Stella. Kept checking the clock, wondering when the postman would arrive. Then the doorbell rang. I literally ran to the door and checked through the peephole, but it was covered in black. Thought there was dirt stuck in it or something so I tried poking through it, but it remained dark, so I opened the door anyway. Guess who appeared?

Such a sweet surprise :')


Auntie Annie's cinnamon pretzel leftovers and a heart-shaped lacey thingy at the back. Yes, it is what you are thinking.

Invited her in and she watched me eat my pretzel while she carried on chomping on her Old Chang Kee. Then she koped my milo and tasty biscuits (ooooh exposed) HAHAH kidding I gave 'em to her.

Love her more than a child loves his toys, more than a mouse loves cheese, more than a popeye loves spinach. ♥ x horizontal 8.

Took a quick shower after Stella left, hung the laundry and zoomed off to Parkway to meet Lummy and Chong for lunch at Carl's Jr. By the time I got there, they were busy spazzing over a busty woman that walked past them. -.-


Sha joined us after a while with an oreo birthday cheesecake for me. ^^ Watched them study for their upcoming Econs paper and interrupted them to entertain me once in a while.

Nothing beats the company of ol' friends :')


Hand-written letters from Lummy; Not just one, but fourteen. I've no idea when he chose such an ominous number, but oh well, the more the merrier. Couldn't bear to tear open all the pretty envelopes, so I started with the first and last only.


Already knew what the rest were.

Out of all of the letters, my favourite one would still be the fourteenth, and it's the one that no other eyes would see... or would there be? Heheh, your reputation is in my hands, Lummy :B

Joshie dropped by before dinner to pass me his present. He remembered me mentioning that the angry bird shirt he wore looked really cute, so he gave me one of his and it reeks of his essence; The Josh essence, LOL. Thank you, best and only pig bro in the world. ♥


.. although the back a bit the anti-climax, HAHAH.

And you- Bringing you back into my life required me mustering up courage for days. You can't imagine the amount of reluctance and hesitance involved, but I pray it's the right path I'm taking. Being a villain was never easy, but being a superhero takes up so much... responsibility. But I'll try. For you to know your worth, I'll try. For me to a nurture a patient heart, I'll try.

This marks the end of my birthday post. I'm a year older now. ): / (:

No comments:

Post a Comment