Thursday, August 9, 2012

Can you take me back to the person I used to be?

We're all tired from being sad, because it happens more than often. We're all tired from figuring out why we're sad, because sometimes we never really find the reasons why. We're all tired from confiding in others, because what's the most someone can usually do? Be there for us? Where's "there"? How long can you be "there"? We're all tired, so much so that we've come to a point that it doesn't even bother us that no one cares, because we ourselves don't.

Everyone will reach where I stand one day, or maybe not.
But I've stood stationary for quite a while now.

Nothing in particular happened and my life isn't miserable, but it saddens me to know how someone, once so care-free, can become so bereft of this necessitous thing in life called happiness.

---

I'm leaving for Shanghai in less than a month. The next two weeks are down for the preparation for my major papers. The third week's occupied by preparation for Shanghai and the dive camp. There are still so many people I've yet to catch up with, still so many stories I've yet to unfold, still so many doubts I've yet to clear, still so many strangers I've yet to befriend, still so many ventures I've yet to explore, but time shows no mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment