Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A zoo isn't a zoo without Ah Meng





Today, Harvind left for Australia.
They say you never know how much one means to you until he's gone, and it's true.

Our connection began paper thin and our conversations were kept minimal, until that night at the chalet. Something told me it was all right to go ahead and open up. That night, I looked at you as a brand new Harvind; no more the ah meng I knew from the zoo of a class we were. For the record, you were capable of of making me sinfully nod my head to every "insult" you cast upon me, but you were also capable of helping me stride through the sixth degree of separation.

So, thank you for reconnecting me to the ones I've once lost.
Thank you for being a faithful listening ear.
And thank you for keeping my secrets.

When you walked away, I felt a little more bitter than I thought I'd be.

No comments:

Post a Comment