Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Bonjour 2013

The only reason why my babygirls weren't highlighted in the previous post was because if they were, they would be so neon that it'd blind you. Whether it's the last minute of 2012 or the first minute of 2013, they were stuck beside me like glue. This goes out to Fel and Joelle, the besties of mai laife ♡ 

Sadly we didn't take any photos :( But this is all I've got:


Joelle and I met for dinner at Maxwell Food Centre before meeting Fel and the 2E boys + Weeheng. Couldn't decide on a place to camp at so we ended up roaming around in the drizzle and struggling to avoid the mud puddles. Ended up at the same ol' Flyer spot, where we were last year.

The event there was sooooo bad. I wouldn't even consider it as a countdown event because.... there was no countdown. Now tell me which DJ asks the crowd if they're ready for a countdown when it's already been ten seconds past midnight? I'll tell you which: The one at the Flyer. Whoever you are, thanks for spoiling my perfect picture of actually yelling the numbers while awaiting for the fireworks to light up. Urrrrgh, can't even handle this absurdity. And I'm not even done with ranting about the crowd yet. 99.9999% were Yen-users (inside joke) and the rest had ridiculously stiff bodies.

Refused to kick-start 2013 with such a horrible countdown party so I psycho-ed Joelle to stayover at Raynor's place with me and the rest. Played Monopoly (and owned the game) and watched the boys play Fifa through the night while Joelle died off halfway. We only mustered enough strength to pull our lazy asses out of the house at 0830 for breakfast nearby.

Something I really look forward to for the next few weeks/months would be more dinner dates with this bunch, especially when Joelle starts work at Dover and the poly kids from SP start school.

What a jolly night!

No comments:

Post a Comment