Friday, May 27, 2011

How'd we end up this way?

I'd turn back time if I could, not to before we crossed paths, but to before I bared my heart. Perhaps things would've turned out differently. Perhaps I could still sneak up to your apartment in the middle of the night like a ninja just because I felt the urge to. Perhaps you'd still introduce me to stray cats, stray dogs, stray stingray, whatever. Perhaps I'd still make trips to Subway just to mock at your retarded self in uniform and you'd still make me a sandwich. Perhaps you'd still hire me as your human alarm clock. Perhaps we'd still carry on the never-ending debate of how Lego is pronounced; guess you forgot. Perhaps we'd still webcam at ungodly hours and screenshot each other's unglam faces. Perhaps we'd still sit at the benches by my playground, differentiating the stars and satellites and doodling on my sketchbook. Perhaps I'd still find the strength and will to surprise you a little everyday just to see you smile, or at least I'd try to. Perhaps you'd actually still talk to me. Perhaps.

You don't know how badly I still want to exist in your life and you in mine, even if you'd disallow me to, even if you'd not want me to, even if it pains me to. But I'm tired, and so are you.

I-

I'm sorry.

It's Tweety Bird by the way.
You're gonna create Twitter sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment