Monday, May 16, 2011

I don't know who I am.

Wrong or right, black or white; If I close my eyes, it's all the same.
& Maybe, just maybe, when my eyelids unwind like the shutters of windows, it'll all be just a dream.

Please let this be a dream. Someone please shake me up. Pinch my nose, poke me in the tummy, pour cider in my eyes, shoot an arrow through my cheeks, anything. Just set me free, 'cause every single damn night is a living hell for me.

The moon's like a ball of light tonight; So fluorescent, so prominent in the ebony sky. It's beautiful, but it's not the moon you see. Reminds me of The Night Swimmers in Nantucket Nights. I'd love to skinny dip in a pool after midnight as well, when all else keeps still, other than the crickets that croak from behind the bushes, and the only source of brightness comes from up above.

And to end this post, I quote this lovely being,
"We're all sad beings drifting along like dead logs in a stream heading towards something so unpredictable, something so ambiguous its impossible to comprehend."

Dear lovely being, if ever you see this, know that you're not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment