Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 1 - Your best friend

I've decided to do the Livejournal one, starting with today.


Dear Lummy,

For the past three and a half years of my secondary school life, we haven't been in the same class nor were we in the same CCA. In short, we're not related in any way but somehow or rather, we're still as close as ever. Sometimes I myself wonder how we managed to maintain this friendship for this long 'cause I'm used to people entering and then exiting my life after a short span of time. Perhaps it's fated. Perhaps you were sent from above to be my listening ear, my love guru (haha) and my source of laughter. You are the Cactus I wished for. To came to know you was a blessing. I can't quite recall how we met, but I'm pretty sure it was via the few 2D guys I was close to then. Our first msn conversation ended up as a gossip session and it seemed like the things we had to tell each other were endless. It lasted till dawn and I was reluctant to log off the computer 'cause I had tons to say. I looked forward to more msn conversations with you 'cause I uncautiously told you everything as though it was meant for you to be heard. Over time, my trust was fully placed with you and all the ranting sessions came in. You knew my everything and I knew your everything. You were the sole person I believed in 'cause you weren't like any of them out there who were fake and were only there to hear me pour out my sorrows merely for the sake of curiosity. You were different. You kept my secrets safe and brought me back up on my feet. Last year, during Christmas, we started writing letters to each other, pretending to be Santa, writing letters to the "little children around the world". This system still carries on and although it's lame (actually VERY lame), I kinda like it. These letters represent the memories we shared, and these letters shall stay close to my heart. We've been through ups and unfortunately, downs. You forgave me countlessly despite the number of times I've neglected and hurt you, and for taking your second chances for granted, I apologise. Like I mentioned before, I will be your spine, backing you up whenever you need me to, just like how you've always been doing so. I don't like using the word 'forever', but what I can assure you is that that spot in my heart will always be reserved for you. In other words, you're irreplaceable. (:

Love,
Springy.

No comments:

Post a Comment