Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 4 - Your sibling (or closest relative)


Dear Priscilla,

Since you were born, I've made your life a living hell. I was the typical, mean elder sister. I stole your candies. I forced you to bribe me to not tell mommy about the "bad things" you did. I threatened you to shut up before I slapped you although I never dared to. I hit you like you were my punching bag. I instructed you to transfer weapons and mesos to my Maple account and you obeyed so not because you were scared, but because you were generous. You didn't mind sharing your things with me, without any sort of hesitation, despite the way I treated you. Whenever my friends ask about you, I used to tell them you're nothing but a "stubborn, annoying ah lian" even though you're not one. In fact, you're far from that. I used to get mad at you for "copying" what I wore/said/did, but Mom's words made sense, the sole reason you "copied" me was that you looked up to me.

That fateful night, as I walked aimlessly along the streets with my tears and perspiration smudged all over my face, I couldn't think straight. I didn't want to go anywhere, much less to go home. My phone vibrated and what faced me was a text from you. I still remember the exact words you typed. "♥ (: Come back home soon, I'll be scared without you. ):" I honestly didn't see that coming, and I teared instantly.

Years down the road, I've taken a closer look at the world outside. I've taken a closer look at all the other siblings out there who love each other so dearly, and I'm regretful for I've failed to treat you with the love you deserve.

I wish I could let you know how much I wanna treasure you despite how gay this sounds, and no matter how awesome the idea of having my own room may seem, adapting to not having you beside me to sleep with will be Mission Impossible.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment