Sunday, December 5, 2010

Jobless nuaster.

Hello all.

If you've yet to hear about it, I'll mention it again. I quit 2 jobs in 2 days.

Story?

First job - supposed flyer distributor for Apple IT fair. They were over-staffed so instead of distributing flyers, we were instructed to hang around the area, so JJ and I literally lepak-ed for the first few hours. After lunch, the manager appointed us to separate areas to guard the area. I was sent to some deserted emokid94 corner where my only companion was the rack. The manager complained that we were crowding with friends too much which was like ?@?#!??!?#!? because the place was so small and the number of staffs overweighed that of the customers that dropped by, so crowding was inevitable. JJ and I quit the next morning. Vinnie and Huixun were sacked the next day, LOL.

Second job - "event promoter". Apparently, we were scammed because they lied that our job was to be an event promoter and they assured us a daily pay of $60-$100. We ended up selling donation tickets and the pay was commission-based. JJ and I were even separated to different areas - I was sent to Bugis, he was sent to Hougang. ): But I made new friends, Sibyl and Alvy. The name 'Sibyl' sounds so cute and pokemon-ish! I didn't manage to sell a single ticket after standing under the sun for four freaking hours and being ignored / shunned / stared at deftly by a million passersby. One ah neh even lectured me for being the fourth person to have asked him for donations that day. HELLO, LIKE I CAN HELP IT???? JJ and I quit on the spot.

Now, I'm officially jobless and that sucks. Come to think of it, I guess what Keith said made sense. I take things for granted too easily :/

What to do now? Back to being a nuaster. Nua nua nua nua nua nua.

My life is boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment